You are dreaming of learning more about the binturong? You wish you could meet our team?
Come join us during our events!
Our next event:
Focus on: World Binturong Day
Educational activity led by Pauline - Museum d'Histoire Naturelle de Paris, France. Credit E. Baril
The World Binturong Day takes place every year, on the 2nd Saturday of May.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
As a binturong lover:
You can simply share, on that special day, your favorite binturong picture on social media with the hashtags #WBD2020 and #BinturongDay2020. The most beautiful photos will then be re-posted in our story feeds on Instagram and Facebook!
You can also visit one of the following institutions, that have officially announced their participation, so you can take part in the activities they organized. If you feel even more motivated, you can organise something yourself, for your community!
As an event organizer:
Feel free to send us an email at email@example.com if you want to be officially part of the list above. We can also share your event on our social media pages to help you reach more potential visitors. And, as we know it is often time-consuming to create educational material, we are happy to share our own for free:
- An educational booklet
- Educational panels on the binturong
- Printable masks
- Coloring sheets
- A « Game of the binturong » board game template
Here are other ideas you can use to create helpful tools to talk about the binturong:
- Pictures of binturongs
- A binturong made of papier-mâché
- Forest pictures
- Globe or world map
- Exotic fruits from Asia
- A scent box (with popcorn hidden inside)
- Pictures showing how binturongs use their prehensile tail
- Pictures showing how binturongs can disseminate seeds
Finally, some suggestions for activities:
- A giant board game with quizzes about the binturong
- Workshop on how to create seed balls
- Tasting activities with palm oil-free products (made locally if possible)
- A race for binturongs
- For rescue centers or zoos housing binturongs, workshops on enrichment crafting
- Creating miniature models of the binturong’s natural habitat
- Treasure hunt
- Face-painting booth
- Photo booth with a nice background picture of a binturong
- Drawing contest
We are excited to celebrate another World Binturong Day with you!
57 rue Cuvier MNHN CP31
79 Abanico Road, Barangay San Pedro, Puerto Princesa city
Subscribe to our newsletter
Your e-mail address will be only used for sending ABConservation newsletters.
It will never be shared with third parties and you can find a link to cancel your subscription in all our e-mails.
To know how your data is used and to learn more about your rights, click here.